EcoDrive are looking for 9 Trainee Instructors to commence training hopefully next year.
We’ll hold an informative presentation (venue to be arranged) prior to the course commencing, where procedures for obtaining your qualification will be explained fully, and to ensure understanding, a question & answer session will conclude the presentation. Then you can decide whether you want to sign-up there and then or go home and think it through. Once we have 9 confirmed trainees we’ll commence the training.
There’ll be a guaranteed placement at EcoDrive for each Trainee once qualified.
If you would like more information about becoming an ADI and are considering commencing training next spring please contact me at: email@example.com or call us on our Freephone Number 0800 6128148 or complete the contact us box below.
If you are thinking of applying to become an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) you will need to pass the following tests and have held your licence for the appropriate time.
PART ONE - Theory
A multiple-choice section and video-based hazard perception section
PART TWO - Driving Ability
An eyesight test followed by a practical test of driving technique
PART THREE - Instructional Ability
A practical test of your ability to instruct
Rules about taking the tests: -
- pass all three parts in this order
- complete the whole examination within two years of passing the theory test (part one) – the two-year period cannot be extended for any reason
How many times you can take the tests
PART ONE – No limit
PART TWO - 3 Attempts
PART THREE – 3 Attempts
If you do not pass in the three attempts, you must wait until the end of your two-year period before you can start again. You will have to begin again with part one.
Rules for becoming an approved driving instructor
You will be accepted onto the register of approved driving instructors if you: -
- have a full UK or European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EEA) unrestricted car driving licence
- have held it for at least four out of the past six years before you join the register when you qualify
- have not have been disqualified from driving at any time in the four years before you join the register
- are a ‘fit and proper’ person to have your name entered in the register
What counts towards the four years
Holding the following all count towards the four years:
- a foreign driving licence
- an automatic car driving licence
- a provisional licence held after passing the driving test